5 Simple Steps To Relieve Pregnancy Aches and Pains
1. To improve posture and boost energy – Stand with your feet hip-width apart, your arms at your sides and your pelvis tucked under. Breathe in and lift your arms in front of you and overhead, really reaching up. Turn your palms up, and as you breathe out, bend your elbows and slowly lower them out to your sides and slightly behind you. Hold for 10 seconds.
2. To prevent and ease leg cramps – Stand facing a wall, a step away then step forward with one leg, keeping your toes pointed forwards and in line with your knees. Place your hands on the wall at shoulder height, bend your front knee, and lean towards the wall. Keep your back leg straight, with the heel pressed down on the floor. Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
3. To strengthen arms, legs and tummy – You might want to practise getting your balance a few times before trying this exercise. Rest on all fours, with your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Pull your tummy button in towards your spine. Carefully raise your left arm and right leg so they’re level with your body. Hold for five seconds, then lower. Switch to your right arm and left leg. Aim for 10 reps on each side.
4. To relieve back pain and release tension – Sit on your heels, knees pointed slightly out to the side. Lean forward so your belly hangs between your legs, and extend your arms out in front of you. Keep your neck in line with your spine. If your belly hits the floor, raise your buttocks slightly and rest on your forearms.
5. Swimming is an enjoyable and safe way to stay fit while you’re pregnant. It improves your circulation, increases muscle tone and strength, and builds stamina. Your bump will also be supported and you’ll feel almost weightless plus exercising in water also reduces your risk of injury and makes it less likely that you’ll have sore muscles afterwards. Swimming can also help to ease pregnancy niggles, such as backache and swelling in your hands and feet and may also help to relieve varicose veins and restless legs.
5 Simple Steps to Dodge the Flu – Newsmax Health
USA TODAY5 Simple Steps to Dodge the Flu – Newsmax Health The holidays are over and everyone is heading back to work and school. Unfortunately, the flu season kicked into high gear during the holidays, and many people will be bringing flu viruses with them to spread around your office, your kids’ school, and …How to dodge the flu in 5 simple steps KVOA Tucson Newsall 1,224 news articles »
More at5 Simple Steps to Dodge the Flu